CONFIDENTIALITY POLICYLast update: January 2018
Cosmo Connected, a simplified joint-stock company with share capital in the amount of €5,308.00, headquartered at 6, rue Duret in Paris (75116), France registered under the unique identification number 812 925 287 in the Register of Trade and Companies of Paris (“Cosmo Connected”), collects, uses and shares various pieces of information which the users of our products provide to us through our website (“Website”) which can be accessed from the website http://cosmoconnected.com or our mobile application (“Application”).
As part of our efforts to protect the confidentiality of your private data, we have drawn up this document so that you can learn about and understand the ways we process the data that you communicate to us.
The purposes of the confidentiality policy that is formally set out herein are to describe:
- the data that we collect and the reasons for this collection;
- the way we use this data;
- the ways in which it can be accessed, updated, deleted and amended.
This confidentiality policy does not apply to mobile applications and websites belonging to third parties, whether or not they are partners of our company, to which our Website or our Application may redirect you.
- Data collected
In order to provide better services to all users of our products, we may collect and process various pieces of data collected by the following means:
- data collected directly from the user: While using our Website or our Application, you provide us with information that can be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). For example, you provide us with Personal Data when you fill in forms in order to register for our services, when you participate in one of our games, competitions, promotional offers, studies or surveys, or when you contact us by any means whatsoever.
This information includes the following data:
- your surname, first name, address, date and place of birth, sex, telephone number, email address;
- a photograph (for the mobile application);
- details of your vehicle;
- telephone numbers of your close family members which are communicated voluntarily;
- banking and financial information, including your credit card number;
- data concerning your location where you have agreed that we can collect and process this data;
In this regard, you will note that medical data that may be provided by you through the Application is not collected or processed by us and is merely stored on the device on which the Application is installed;
- data which is collected automatically: When our products and services are used, we collect various pieces of information on a systematic and automated basis. This information mainly falls under the following categories:
- data concerning the device that is used at the time of connection or the ways in which our services are consulted and used: we may collect information concerning the devices on which you use our services or the networks from which you access them, such as your IP addresses, connection data, the types and versions of Internet browsers that are used, the types and versions of your browser’s plug-ins, operating systems and platforms, or data concerning your clickstream;
- local storage: we may collect and store data including Personal Data on the device that you use.
Under all circumstances, we only collect and process data which is strictly necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Finally, where we request information from you, we will tell you whether providing this information is optional or compulsory, and we will inform you of the consequences of not providing it.
- Period for which collected data is stored
As a rule, collected data is stored for up to five (5) years following the last occasion on which our products, the Website or our Application were used.
This retention period can be reduced if you close your account.
However, the period for which some data is stored may exceed the aforementioned period of five (5) years so that we can comply with our accounting and tax obligations and, more generally, our legal obligations. In particular, this includes all transactions and associated financial data.
- Use of collected data
Collected Data is mainly used:
- to provide you with services that you have requested;
- to send you information about our services by any means of communication;
- to collect your payments;
- to enable you to personalize our services;
- to enable you to create an account giving you access to certain services which require pre-registration;
- to correct or improve our services.
- Communication of collected data
We may share information which relates to you, including your Personal Data, with third-party companies which process it on our behalf, in accordance with our instructions, current legislation and this policy.
More specifically, when our Application is used, we may share data concerning your location and some Personal Data with the emergency services.
We may also share some data, including your Personal Data, if we are legally required to do so or if we believe in good faith that this is necessary (i) to respond to any complaints made against Cosmo Connected, (ii) to comply with any enforceable judicial requests, (iii) to enforce any contract entered into with our users, (iv) in the event of an emergency which endangers public health or a person’s physical integrity, (v) for the purposes of inquiries and investigations, or (vi) to guarantee the rights, property and safety of Cosmo Connected, its users and more generally any third parties.
More generally, we may communicate to third parties all information that you have authorized us to communicate to them.
We also reserve the right to communicate all or part of the data which is collected for the purposes of a transfer of ownership or restructuring of our company or its assets.
- Location of data
We keep your Personal Data within the European Union. However, it is possible that the data that we collect when you use our services will be transferred to other countries.
If this happens, we will ensure that this processing is performed in accordance with this policy and that it is governed by the European Commission’s standard contractual clauses which guarantee an adequate level of protection.
- Data security
We take appropriate security measures in accordance with standard practices in order to protect your data from any unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction.
- Accessing and altering collected data
Where the applicable laws so provide, you have the right to obtain a copy of Personal Data concerning you which is held by us. In order to deal with your request, we may (i) check your identity and (ii) ask you to tell us the type of information that you would like to be communicated.
You can also access Personal Data which we hold through your account (which can be accessed via the Website or the Application) in order to correct, amend or delete any incorrect information.
Please note that we may keep certain pieces of information where we are required to do so by law or where we have a legitimate reason to do so, notwithstanding its deletion by you.
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Other provisions concerning data collection and processing
- Changes to the data collection and processing policy
We may amend this confidentiality policy from time to time. When this is necessary, we will inform you and/or request your agreement. We advise you to consult our current policy regularly so that you can be aware of any changes or updates to it.
Any queries in relation to this policy can be sent by post to the following address:
6, rue Duret
75116 PARIS - FRANCE
They can also be sent by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org